Instagram is an application with over 2 billion users worldwide today. It's clear that, apart from being an entertainment platform, it's an excellent tool for individuals looking to improve the visibility and popularity of their businesses, personal projects, or any other purpose.
One of the most useful options for achieving this is posting links that direct users wherever you want. Have you ever wondered how to do this and what types of links you can add? In this blog, you'll find a simple explanation and guide for adding all kinds of links.
- Adding a Link in Your Bio
- What Is a Link in the Bio? It's a link that users will see when they visit your profile. It is located at the top, just after your name, pronouns, and introduction.
Personally, I believe it's best to use this space for a link that you don't have to change constantly and is always up to date, like a link to your website. Some users add a link to a webpage with multiple directories, allowing you to display more than one link simultaneously, leading to different places.
How to Add a Link in Your Instagram Bio To add a link to your bio, you need to go to your profile's main page and click the "Edit" button. Once you're in the editing section, choose to add links and select the type of link you want to add. Currently, Instagram offers two options: adding an external link and a Facebook link. In the next tab, enter the URL, the title, and you're done!
- Adding a Link in Posts or Reels These are the links you can find in the description of a post or reel. But here's some bad news for you: Instagram currently does not support clickable links. That's why many users continue to add the link in their bio and mention it in the post's description.
Does this mean we have to discard this option?
Not at all! In fact, many users still use it but with a small trick. If the link you want to include is very long, they use websites or applications to shorten the link's name to make it easier to remember if someone wants to visit it.
The same applies to links added in comments. They are published in text format, but can still be very useful!
- Inserting a Link in Instagram Stories This option is undoubtedly one of the most widely used, just like the links added to the bio. It has been available to all users since October 2021. Fortunately, before this date, its use was limited to users with over 10,000 followers. But not anymore, so let's tell you how to do it!
To add a link to your story, follow these steps:
- Prepare the content you're going to post in your story.
- When you've selected the image or video you want to post, click on the sticker at the top of the screen.
- Look for the option that says "Links."
- Add the URL and the text/emoticons you want to include.
- Don't forget to preview it to make sure everything works correctly! Just like with mentions of people, if you click on the link you've added, you can change its appearance (background or text color).
- Links in Your Automated Responses An interesting option is the use of automated messages for your professional profile. Instagram doesn't currently have a built-in system for this, but there are other applications that can do this for you.
You can choose any app available in the market that offers this service, grant the necessary permissions for it to interact with Instagram, and voila! Users who send you direct messages will automatically receive a response. This is where you can add a link to your website, where you describe prices or services that might be of interest to your audience.
Now you know how to publish different types of links on Instagram! I hope that with these simple tips, you'll post many links to help you gain more traffic and more customers.
- What Is the Bio on Instagram? The bio or biography on Instagram is a space on your profile's main page where you can display essential information such as your name, pronouns, introduction, and the links you want to add. For the introduction, you can write a text of about 150 characters and add various hashtags or other users.
- What Are Instagram Posts? Instagram posts or posts are a format of content that you can publish on your profile. They appear in the grid section of your profile and can be in three formats: vertical, horizontal, or in a cropped format. The total dimensions do not change; only the way the published image is displayed changes. The cropped format is the default square format 1:1. For horizontal photos, you can use the 16:9 format, and for vertical ones, 4:5.
- What Are Instagram Stories? Instagram Stories or stories are audiovisual content that you can post on your profile. It is reflected in your profile's icon and lasts for 24 hours after publication; after this time, it disappears (unless you choose to save it as highlighted stories).
- What Is an Instagram Reel? An Instagram Reel or Reels is an audiovisual content format introduced by Instagram, consisting of a vertical video with a maximum duration of 90 seconds. You can find them in your feed, discover, or in a special Reels tab.